• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    Cyberpunk 2077 - Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Hype Megathread!

    Cyberpunk 2077 - Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Hype Megathread!


    Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Hype Megathread!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:00 PM PST

    Hey Choombas,

    With launch right around the corner, this megathread is the place for you to share your hype about the release of Cyberpunk 2077!

    This includes, but is not limited to:

    • Comments just saying "I'm so hyped!"
    • Screenshots of your pre-order downloading
    • A picture of your gaming setup for launch
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Guys and gals, we can finally say it: "Cyberpunk releases next week"

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:17 AM PST

    It just rolls off the tongue! Feels both good and surreal to finally be able to say that after years of waiting. Fuck platforms wars. Glad it's not an exclusive. We'll all be able to enjoy this cultural event together.

    submitted by /u/Feyge
    [link] [comments]

    Glad that the game will be less of a shooter

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:39 AM PST

    According to some of the 16 hour gameplay previews, this game isn't so heavily focused on shooting people than the ads show. I think it is a very good thing. Modern story-based AAA games are all about killing people, and if I can actually play the game without killing anyone, like was said earlier to be possible, I will definitely do that.

    submitted by /u/Olli917
    [link] [comments]

    8 years, 1 month and 22 days since the first Cyberpunk title reveal.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:50 PM PST

    We have been waiting for 2975 days, and its just unbelievable that we are in single digits!

    submitted by /u/Manas80
    [link] [comments]

    Why are so many people in this sub concerned with the opinion of others?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:38 PM PST

    Everyday there is a litany of posts by people who are concerned about whether people think this game is GTA or not, whether people's expectations are too high, how people will rate the game, etc. My question is, why do you genuinely care what people will think of the game? The opinion of these people will in no way affect your experience of the game. Most of the people these posts are about, don't even visit this reddit, yet obsessively, there are posts telling people not to think this way.

    submitted by /u/BeautifulMorioh
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people ask questions nobody has the answers to

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:25 PM PST

    So many questions in this sub are so highly specific and hypothetical that clearly nobody can answer them because the game isn't out. I hope this isn't one of those questions.

    submitted by /u/wasabiFluke
    [link] [comments]

    LBT: Do all the healthy stuff prior to release to maximize game time.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:30 PM PST

    1. Make sure to stock up on sleep by hibernating for the full 192 hours prior to release. I recommend crawling into an empty cave (the danker the better) and covering yourself with piles of natural debris (leaves, sticks, etc). This way, you can avoid sleep entirely after release.

    2. Eat healthy NOW, so that you dont have to eat at all later. Accomplish this by consuming large quantities of honey (natural sugars are good for you), nuts and roots, and raw meats (can catch salmon jumping up streams, or go for animal carcasses). Building up reserves prior will help with the hibernation too.

    3. Exercise and stretch. Build up your endurance by chasing down small furry things, or even the big two legged things that are wearing dead furry things. Stretch your muscles out by rubbing up against large trees, rocks, cars, or anything with a corner (also let's you leave a scent). This will let you game for extended hours uninterrupted.

    These are just some cool Life Bear Tips for all my fellow Ursidae looking forward to the grim, punk future. Feel free to comment with more.

    submitted by /u/WormiestBurrito
    [link] [comments]

    Petition: update the subreddit subscriber count from “nodes” to “choombas”

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:03 PM PST

    Because you're all my Night City fam no matter your life path.

    submitted by /u/pdxherbnerd
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you plan on making V a total fucking asshole? I intend for my character to be a Street Kid build, genuinely willing to do whatever it takes for power, unfaithful to all romance options, and willing to betray any quest giver if it benefits me.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:02 PM PST

    I've gone back on Corpo/Street Kid a lot, and I think a ruthless Street Kid build is the most compelling, someone who can be gradually dragged down into madness, and by the end of the game, they're a power & money hungry Cyber-Psycho with a city full of enemies

    submitted by /u/zephaniiiah
    [link] [comments]

    A word of advice

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Is to be patient with questions. The game is already getting compared to non-rpg games like GTA V and RDR2. This game is gonna attract a lot of people who have never played an rpg. I remember how much I struggled to understand all the systems thrown at me when I played The Witcher whether it is leveling, crafting, items, buffs, de-buffs and such. I always got lost not sure of how to progress or if I'm doing something wrong.

    Both this subreddit and the game's forums will fill up with questions during the early days of the game launch and some of these questions could be pretty obvious to you but it surely isn't for the person asking. Therefore, give them an answer and don't make fun of their questions like the typical responses "Are you blind" or pointing out that the questions is "dumb".

    I have always gotten a mixture of responses when I asked questions on forums back when I played The Witcher varying from very helpful and insightful ones to people making fun of the question and turning it into a shitposting thread/post.

    With the popularity of this game, we can predict how Cyberpunk 2077 will be the first rpg of many people so lets keep it positive!

    submitted by /u/MadBoxers
    [link] [comments]

    Staying healthy while shooting some cyberpsychos

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:47 PM PST

    Hi choombas! During either remote school or work everybody tells you to "take brakes", "dont spend too much time with computer". BUT... Premiere of cyberpunk will probably make a lot of us play till we fall asleep from exhaustion. Personally I dont care if Im healthy playing cp, but I care if I enjoy it. Here's some tips that will make you more relaxed and enjoy this sweet piece of game even more:

    1 - Take breaks every 2 hours. Set alarm on your phone and go outside for 5-10 minutes. It'll refresh you and make your eyes rest. Green areas are best, but regular street will do fine too.

    2 - Counter junk food with some healthy stuff. You dont have to give up eating doritos or whatever but by eating them AND some salad or fruit you'll feel much better.

    3 - Take a high-quality sleep beforehand. It's not all about time slept, but also the conditions. Make your bedroom as dark and quiet as possible. I recommend ear blockers, they really help and you'll still be able to hear alarm for work. 9 hours of sleep is best, but you should sleep this long for 3-4 days to get best effect.

    4 - Dont drink caffeine during the day, save it for nighttime. The more energy drinks you have, the lesser effect it will give. If you sleep well you won't need it in the morning, and will be able to hold on longer during night.

    5 - If you feel really bad - go to sleep. When you start feeling worse and worse, dont make yourself sit and play. You wont enjoy the game and loose a lot of awesome experience. Go and take a nap, it will pass quickly and you'll be ready to play more.

    6 - Get yourself some eye drops. They are really helpful and I use them often.

    If you have your own tips - post them in comments.

    That's all from me, see yall in Night City!

    submitted by /u/qbazdz
    [link] [comments]

    Won't be the easiest decision!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:21 PM PST

    I made an Pokémon starter choosing scene in Cyberpunk 2077 style. At least i tried. It's an 512 x 384px size Pixel-Art. Hope you guys like it.

    Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/k45yqa/wont_be_the_easiest_decision/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    submitted by /u/ozi211
    [link] [comments]

    What happens with your actual limbs?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:52 AM PST

    I mean, what if i go to a good ol' ripperdoc. Tell em, "hey! I wan't a cool rocket arm instead of this lame flesh one!" Do they just throw it out? What if you unequip cyberware ingame? Is your arm just lost?

    submitted by /u/IamMmortal
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-Downloading Cyberpunk 2077

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere.

    Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing very soon. I'm beyond stoked and can't wait to play it. I've followed the game since it's original trailer like, almost a decade ago. Only one problem - my download speed is 320kbps. You read that right - that's kbps. The Witcher 3 took DAYS and DAYS to download. You cannot get a physical copy of this game for PC, I've looked everywhere. The game is 70gb. 70gb / 320kbps = a whole fucking lot of seconds. To be precise, it's about 22 days of 24/7 downloading. I live in a little farm town in the Midwest - there's one internet provider here, and they provide absolute horseshit. So, my question is -

    Please, someone tell me if there's going to be a pre-download for this game, or if it's Steam/GOG/etc specific, or if one unlocks pre-download sooner. I'd really like to play this game, and not have any of it spoiled because everyone else will beat the game 2 weeks before mine finishes downloading, lol.

    Any help would be very appreciated. Cheers

    submitted by /u/z_e_n_o_s_
    [link] [comments]

    I always hate this pre-release period, with circa a week to go - because no other games will do.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:09 AM PST

    Backlogs mean nothing. Sure, I have AC Valhalla to continue and like it. Just picked up Rage 2 for an easy playthrough and platinum and something different. Squad on PC. CoD MW when the next season starts. Just platinumed Ghosts of Tsushima.

    But all I'm doing is dipping my feet. An hour here or there. Then shut it down and play something else instead.

    Why?

    Because these games aren't Cyberpunk. And this happens with every game I have been waiting for for years - a strangely sudden loss of interest in gaming when a video game is about to release.

    submitted by /u/Dynasty2201
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you, Walmart, for allowing me to preorder the Collector's Edition nearly a year ago!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:59 AM PST

    And then cancelling my order less than 2 weeks before release because "you can't fulfill the order"... It's ok, I'm not mad. 7 years of anticipation, space cleared on my pin collection board for the included pins since b4 OG April release date, perfect spot chosen to display the Figure on the corner shelf plus lighting I bought for it, plans for 2 friends to come over so we can open it and check it all out together (safely, we've been isolating since b4 it was cool lol we good, chill), but nah its cool.

    🔥🔥🔥This is fiiine.....🔥🔥🔥

    (iTs NoT fInE iM sO bUmMeD {ugly cry face intensifies})

    submitted by /u/RideTheSpiralARC
    [link] [comments]

    A youtuber named Duran has recreated the original Cyberpunk trailer using World of Warcraft assets.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:04 AM PST

    I just thought this was really cool, and I wanted to share it with everyone. The video was posted yesterday. He doesn't have many subscribers, and not many views on the video, yet. But he did an awesome job, and I wanted to show everyone. (I don't know him, or have any affiliation with him however. This was shared to me in a Discord I'm in for gaming.)

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homqyBxHwis

    submitted by /u/MakoRuu
    [link] [comments]

    Rumor about cyberpunk socials deleting the date from their bio's is false

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:54 PM PST

    Saw a few posts not only on reddit but on twitter as well claiming that cyberpunk's social accounts have removed the release date from their bio.

    To some it might seem obvious that it's fake but it fooled me enough to look into it so I just wanna assure others that its not true

    Bellow are 2 screenshots. One from cyberpunk's instagram account, around the time it went gold, I found it by simply looking up cyberpunk's instagram in Google images. And another from their twitter account using the wayback machine to go as far back as November 1st.

    Instagram screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/0iNK9j7

    Twitter screenshot: https://imgur.com/PlB5J29

    Hope this clears up the confusion.

    submitted by /u/crumplyrogue
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else feeling the pain of waiting until Cyberpunk?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:55 PM PST

    I know this post will be seen as low effort, but I really had to ask this question, because I've been feeling the pain of waiting for Cyberpunk to come out. My patience is so bad, that even me playing Skyrim I'm constantly thinking about Cyberpunk and how I wish I could be playing it right now. I've never felt actual pain waiting for a game before, but Cyberpunk is causing it. Obviously waiting is the only option, but my god this wait is so painful I wish it was either December 9th or 10th right now. Anyone else actually feeling pain waiting until its release?

    submitted by /u/DinosaurJoeman
    [link] [comments]

    Please enjoy!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:33 PM PST

    It doesn’t matter if cyberpunk gets compared to GTA.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:24 PM PST

    I understand the annoyance of a game like Cyberpunk 2077 being compared to GTA as it could be seen as underselling the game. However, keep in mind Grand Theft Auto 5 was a huge step up in the video games industry especial concerning open worlds and story telling.

    But claiming people who compare the two are casuals is ridiculous. I understand that this game will not play the same as grand theft auto pretty much whatsoever, anyone with a brain can understand that. However, when my girlfriend asks me what kind of game it is, I tell her it's a futuristic Grand Theft Auto. The sense of freedom within an urban area, immense crime, car chases and races IS Grand Theft Auto in a nutshell and it is fair to compare the two.

    Role playing games have had a serious uprise this decade and soon enough they will be the norm, maybe one day you'll be comparing a future GTA title with Cyberpunk🤷🏻‍♂️

    submitted by /u/naamanatorN7
    [link] [comments]

    The Lifepath choice is gonna be so hard

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:51 PM PST

    I've been driving my parents insane talking about the game so I decided to come here instead. I'd feel like an ass playing Corpo so obviously not playing that but I CANNOT decide between Streetkid or Nomad. What's everyone else's top choice and why? Maybe it'll help me decide too.

    submitted by /u/Ryobity
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea what this game is going to be about and I don’t want to know what this game will be about.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:30 PM PST

    For once in my life, I'm truly going to experience a major AAA game completely blind. It's gonna be great not knowing what will happen next because I read it online somewhere. I hope everyone has fun playing this game when it comes out next week. :)

    submitted by /u/epicbigc13579
    [link] [comments]

    Cyberpunk Movie Countdown to Release: Day 10 - Upgrade (2018)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:28 AM PST

    As we say our last goodbyes to November and move into the final stretch of the Cyberpunk Release Movie Countdown, we come to a criminally underrated movie: Upgrade

    This movie is a great example of a unique recently-made cyberpunk-genre movie. To quote IMDB:

    Set in the near-future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life. But when the world of Grey, a self-labeled technophobe, is turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant.

    The action scenes are shot using an effective variation of the actor mounted camera rig. This gives the viewer a sense of being passively locked into the main character's body in much the way that the character is a passive observer of his actions when the 'Stem' chip takes over his body for him.

    I don't really have much else to say about this movie except WATCH IT.

    Also, it turns out that somebody loves this movie, as they are making a TV series out of it.

    And if you do want to watch it, it is available for online rent on Vudu, Amazon Prime and YouTube.

    submitted by /u/Killcrop
    [link] [comments]

    I hope there is a hack where we can make an enemy start shooting at other enemies

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:37 PM PST

    I know we've seen the hack where the enemy kills himself, but what about a "friendly fire" hack? It would be awesome to start a fight with a big group this way

    submitted by /u/derekgr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel