• Breaking News

    Friday, March 11, 2022

    Cyberpunk 2077 yes

    Cyberpunk 2077 yes


    yes

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 09:48 PM PST

    i thought this was a hilarious bug personally

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:18 AM PST

    I was not prepared

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 07:32 PM PST

    Full disclosure: I just picked up the game two weeks ago. At the 50 hour mark and at 75%/20%/30% according to the state screen.

    The writing in conjunction with the voice work is lethal in this game. There's an emotional heft I'm quite unused to which culminated in a hiatus when I closed out Judy's storyline (male V). This is a game. I know it's a fictional work which has no bearing in my life as soon as I turn off the console. I also know the weariness and defeat in Judy's voice rang a harmonic chord that wasn't exactly musical and caused me to take a break from the game. Jackie. Mama Wells. Even an exchange over something as pedestrian as Goro ordering lunch. The voice work goes so far to deliver an emotional payload wholly disproportionate from the words on paper. I commend CDPR on achieving this and hope I can come back to their work soon.

    submitted by /u/KingCarbon1807
    [link] [comments]

    What the f.......

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 03:18 AM PST

    Elevader? Like a elephant invader?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 09:07 PM PST

    Finished the game 100% so I decided to take pictures of my characters and then simply abandon the game

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:43 PM PST

    Cyberpunk 2077 feels like it was made for me

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 02:58 PM PST

    You know that feeling when you start playing a game you've never played before, fall in love with it, play it for ten hours and then put it down, never to pick it up again? Although the game is great and you acknowledge it, the honeymoon phase came in quick and intense, only to dissipate as fast as it arrived.

    It's happened to me with many, many games and I suspect I'm not the only one. In fact, it happens to me so often I'm afraid of playing new games. I'm afraid that any new game I touch will leave me with that same, empty feeling after the first few sessions.

    For a long time, I've felt like I don't enjoy video games anymore. Then I played Cyberpunk 2077.

    In order to properly say what I want to say, I have to give context. A lot of context: I've played video games for as long as I can remember and I've always leaned towards single player games (despite having played thousands of hours of Counter-Strike across all its iterations). I remember being blown away by games like Max Payne or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as a kid and games like Uncharted and The Last of Us as a teenager. Then I became an adult and it hit me; I'm not excited by anything anymore. It took me a while to admit it to myself, but it's true.

    Then the Cyberpunk 2077 hype train took off, circa 2018. I felt myself getting excited about an upcoming video game for the first time in years. Everything about the game looked perfect for me; the characters seemed interesting and funny, the setting was brilliant and the graphics looked unbelieveable.

    Shit. The graphics looked unbelieveable. What the fuck am I going to do now, with my i5-3570K and GTX 1060? Whatever, there's still some time to build a new PC before the game comes out.

    Fast forward to late 2020. Cyberpunk's release is getting close and I begin building a new PC. Everything is going swimmingly, except I can't get a fucking GPU. No big deal, I'll just wait. I've waited for years, so I can wait a few more months.

    I waited for over a year, but I finally got a new GPU just a few weeks ago (an RTX 3070 Ti, in case anyone was curious) and my PC build -- over a year in the making -- was finally complete. A lot happened while I was waiting for a chance at a new GPU, including reading a lot of very negative reviews about Cyberpunk. Upon launch, the game looked shit enough for me to just kinda forget about it.

    Then the patch for version 1.5 comes out and suddenly Cyberpunk 2077 rears its head again, but the tone has changed. No more is the conversation about how full of game breaking bugs the game is, but instead about the shift to next-gen consoles and the many bug fixes and new content that the update brought with it. I got a bit excited again and decided to buy the game. Fuck it, right? It was 50% off on Steam.

    I boot up the game and after about an hour and a half of tweaking settings and creating my character (seriously, I am very proud of how my version of V turned out), it's time to actually start playing. I fall in love within minutes and think "shit, it's happening again", but I return to the game again and again and again and every time I do, I find something fun to do. I get like 20 hours into the game and it's impossible to put down. I think the last time I was this addicted to a game was Call of Duty: Black Ops which I played religiously with my friends as a kid.

    (Side note: the last time I was this blown away by the graphics in a video game was when Battlefield 3 came out in 2011)

    Today, exactly two weeks after first starting the game, I finished it. It took me 57 hours. Those 57 hours were the best I've spent playing a game in a long, long time.

    There were bugs and glitches along the way, some funny and some frustrating, but they paled in comparison to every other aspect of the game. The characters, the setting, the story, the city, the vehicles, the aesthetic, the graphics, the soundtrack, the acting (holy fuck, female V's voice actor did an incredible job), the animations, the attention to detail, the side quests which damn near blow the main quest line out of the water, everything. Everything about Cyberpunk 2077 feels like it was tailor-made for me.

    The setting especially speaks to me in a way no other RPG ever has. I've never been that interested in fantasy settings á la The Elder Scrolls or The Witcher, but this shit is my jam. Night City is a violent, drug-fueled, neon beacon of hedonism and I love it. I barely even used the fast travel system because driving from point A to point B never felt like a chore. It felt like a chance to see the red and green lights of a billboard reflect off the bonnet of my car on a rainy night.

    Driving back into the city from the Badlands and seeing the Night City skyline get closer and closer until suddenly you're surrounded by 200 storey buildings and motorway overpasses immersed me into the game like no other. And these are just a few choice examples.

    Cyberpunk 2077 is by no means a perfect game, it has its fair share of flaws. Vehicles would flip during crashes and be sent into orbit, characters' voice lines would cut off, NPCs would walk into cabinets or tables and cause them to explode etc., but in my experience the game breaking bugs have been ironed out. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know. There are some pacing issues and the fixer gigs could do with some variety, to name some examples. Be that as it may, all of the game's many issues just floated to the back of my mind while I enjoyed everything else the game has to offer.

    Cyberpunk 2077 is not a perfect game, but it is the perfect game for me. As cliché as it sounds, I think Cyberpunk showed me that I'm still capable of enjoying video games, even though for a long time I've thought I wasn't. And I'm glad it did, because maybe now I can finally get my beloved hobby back.

    I don't know why I decided to write this, I guess I kinda wanted to vent to someone but none of my friends have played Cyberpunk and even if they had, it's the middle of the night. I'm also a bit drunk. Thank you for taking the time to read this mess, and I apologise for any typos. Again, a bit drunk.

    submitted by /u/CookieTheEpic
    [link] [comments]

    An appreciation post for the first person experience in this game

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 05:54 AM PST

    Can V find these clothes?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 05:26 PM PST

    Realism of photo mode sometimes makes me scary...

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 04:37 PM PST

    Now i really wished we had apartments with a balcony

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 02:26 AM PST

    Recently got the Arasaka hoodie and Inspiration struck. So I made myself a matching necklace (Sterling Silver, red Garnets)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 06:53 AM PST

    About T-Bug.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:29 AM PST

    So as far as it's been said she died when shit went sideways in the heist, but later when you talk to Johnny he says that Soulkiller is used on people connected to the net, and that while it kills your body your mind gets trapped as a construct. Is it possible T-Bug ended up getting hit by Soulkiller and not just fried? Could she technically still be alive? I mean I could see Arasaka wanting to keep her around if she's skilled enough or maybe just for the fact that she would be considered part of the group that was blamed for killing Saburo and they wanted to make sure she suffered?

    submitted by /u/Xyto_
    [link] [comments]

    throwing knives are a ton of fun

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 04:46 PM PST

    "I didn't kill him!"

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:11 AM PST

    So was just about to post how Tristan Mays looks like Panam but I guess Gurugamer.com thought the same lol. https://gurugamer.com/pc-console/real-life-version-of-cyberpunk-2077-panam-palmer-is-a-beautiful-actress-15167/amp

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:43 AM PST

    Jackie Welles Fanart, illustration process

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:23 AM PST

    Soundtrack

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 03:27 AM PST

    Just wanted to give the soundtrack of this game the love it deserves. Not only the music changes during combat and the radio stations but also the music that plays during scenes with certain characters. The Judy music after diving and discussing the future is so atmospheric and beautiful. For me tho, during the missions with Panam the slow and beautiful sound that plays inside the cabin is unbelievable, it really drags you in and seems to immerse you into any conversation you have with her, especially in the watch tower. During the final mission where you join the Aldecaldos, this tune plays again and a guitar track begins to follow it once you receive the jacket from Panam. It just helps to signify how much as changed and how much hope you have with your new family, CDPR really have great sound designers who smashed it with this game.

    submitted by /u/jay_campbell
    [link] [comments]

    I wish the Megabuildings were a bit more… Mega.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:33 PM PST

    In the lore, the mega buildings in the game supposed to hold over a hundred thousand people, and dominate the skyline with their sheer size, but in game, outside of their intimidating design, they're rather average. They're not particularly tall, don't take up a large surface area and are even often dwarfed by the regular buildings in the area, especially for the one in the city centre.

    It's likely due to design considerations, since there's only so much room they can take up on the map, but I feel like they should have been like 4 times bigger, with the train line and highway passing through them to show how they're really a 'city within a city'.

    Also let me explore them pls.

    submitted by /u/Stacks_of_Cats
    [link] [comments]

    First Place

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 07:04 PM PST

    Aftermath.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2022 12:28 AM PST

    Just finished my first playthrough!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 08:54 PM PST

    Damn this game is actually so good. I kind of went in with low expectations because of all the drama since the launch of the game. My playthrough took me over 100 hours doing basically everything. I was hooked from the beginning till the end. Night City was incredibly beautiful and immersive. The story and the characters are so damn good. Not to mention the voice acting is incredible.

    The game really made me care about all the characters including V. It really felt like you were a properly established character in the game. The romance was great. The missions were really engaging. Even gigs felt like they had their own small story to it with the fixers and added to the overall feel of NC and the wider world.

    I loved that doing some gigs and side biz actually have some impact like getting that kidney for one of the Aldecaldos and he plays a song for you. The shards with random stories, conversations, and information about the world really added a lot to the immersion for me.

    Didn't expect it but this game is definitely one of my favorites. You know that feeling when you just finished a game and you kind of feel empty. Yeah, I'm feeling that lol. My only complaint is that I want more. Even though the experience was amazing, I still think it has so much more potential. I can only pray that they will keep expanding on this.

    submitted by /u/LifeisCatuar
    [link] [comments]

    photo mode is actually insane

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:40 PM PST

    Well, can't say they didn't warn me for this one.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2022 03:24 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel