• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Cyberpunk 2077 - Weekly Megathread: Lore / Cyberpunk World Discussion

    Cyberpunk 2077 - Weekly Megathread: Lore / Cyberpunk World Discussion


    Weekly Megathread: Lore / Cyberpunk World Discussion

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Hey! This is our weekly Cyberpunk Lore discussion megathread.

    With free talk (aka memes) being allowed across the weekend, discussions about the world of Cyberpunk can often be drowned out by memes & media posts across the weekend, so we hope this thread can help keep them going without being lost!


    Megathreads: - Weekly FAQ - Console Support - PC Support - Cyberpunk Lore

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    You wanna see magic trick ? You can try it yourself.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    I’m glad I didn’t believe you all

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    I finally put my disc into my PS4 pro, hoping enough time had passed since launch for them to fix the problems. I had recently checked if things were better and the consensus was that the game still sucked and had terrible glitches. On any platform.

    I still decided I was going to try it. I'm glad I did. This game runs really well on my system and I haven't encountered any visual or quest glitches. Really any glitches in general. I'm very happy with the game, it looks amazing and the world is so well done in my opinion.

    I'm surprised people keep telling me it's a dead game, or that it's trash because of all these glitches that I haven't experienced at all. Honestly I'd be fine with some glitches it wouldn't ruin my experience. Like the witcher 3. Roach glitching around is a meme these days that people enjoy. And they still love the game regardless and I choose to love cyberpunk.

    submitted by /u/DejaThoris92
    [link] [comments]

    oh

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:10 AM PDT

    A Miracle Moment.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    50 hours in and loving it so far! Could have been so much more though..

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    Im a bit late with this but still found it funny

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Any Fallout fans here as well?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    I got a flying car

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    I went inside Panam

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Here's my V!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Timeless classics

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Judys new leg cyberware

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    At The Dump.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    Somebody hacked WNS News

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    I found this secret elevator to another dimension

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    Alt Cunningham model by Sebastian Bakala (face and garment) and Jansen Turk (hair)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Interesting V conversation with Meds Vendor

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    Shooting into the water

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Does this game have any progress value?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    I'm asking this because, to me, the game almost has non.

    CDPR has stated numerous times that the game has a strong focus on replayability. Meaning that multiple playthroughs is more fun than one. For that reason, I did 2 distinct playthroughs.

    And while playing a different V, switching from solo to netrunner and changing combat tactics was a significant change, it was not worth the cost of under developing the long term design pillars for CP77.

    For example, these are 4 of the things you can do in the game that feel underwhelming:

    Exploration doesn't really exist in Cyberpunk 2077. Most, if not, all the content is already displayed on the map. Night city looks stunning but that's it. There's little to no interactivity and reactivity in the open world.

    Leveling up feels lame. For a skill tree to be called a 'skill' tree, It doesn't feel like I'm actually learning skills, right? It may be cool for old school RPG players but I thought we passed mimicking gameplay skills through numbers.

    Buying cars... eh. Aside from not being able to buy every single car (because, be honest, why bother?), you can get the best ones for free after beating quests. If you are a meta guy, you can get the fastest car in a cave. Not to mention you can't upgrade or customize them.

    Collect eddies for what? New weapons? Too expensive. New house? Aha ha. Hookers? Just a cutscene. Not even a temp stat boost. Truth is there are only 3 things worth spending money on: Cybernetics, a vehicle you think looks cool and CohhCarnage.

    That doesn't mean the game doesn't have anything fun to progress in. The main story + the relationship quests were great and I thought that collecting daemon hacks was rewarding for the long haul.

    But should that be it? Are players, who still play today, really having fun aside from replaying quests and using photo mode?

    Perhaps my real question should be: Is replayability worth the cost of continuity to you?

    submitted by /u/TheXpender
    [link] [comments]

    Cyber Engine Tweaks Usage

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    So, I haven't played Cyberpunk 2077 for a month due to some issues(local temp and electrical issues) and I forgot the key I set for CET. Does anyone know how to retrieve this? And before the obligatory responses, yes I have tried every key/combination I can think of and yes I have verified in the logs that CET is still running.

    submitted by /u/Maverick7508
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else wish police combat was more dynamic?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    Put simply, the police combat system in Cyberpunk is extremely basic. Not meaning they aren't absolutely op when you have a high enough wanted level, but that's a key part to why I find it basic. The combat really only ranges from extremely easy to drive away one block to escape, to being extremely hard to stay alive for more than a minute or two, with little to no in between. And at the same time, it's extremely confusing to play through when they just teleport at you, so the combat lacks real structure despite how it also lacks diversity.

    Before I started playing Cyberpunk, I'd play the first Watch Dogs game. I feel bad for going on a Cyberpunk subreddit to talk big about another game, but Cyberpunk has made me look back fondly on the tediousness of getting the police of your trail in Watch Dogs. For example they'd scan the map to find you, send helicopters at you, make you have to strategize and use resources to aid in your escape, and you'd have to leave the search area after they lose track of you. It was something Watch Dogs did relatively decent, looking back.

    Does anyone think the devs should add similar features to the police in Cyberpunk? Such as the police actually driving to you rather than teleporting to you to fight you on foot, chasing after you by car when you're driving on the road, requiring you to use preventative measures to keep them from finding your location, and when you get a high enough wanted level they send full on police AVs after you? Also, to make it easier for chases via cars, possibly remove, or at least nerf, the feature of the turrets that pop out around the city?

    It's just an idea, but I think that the basic police combat is one of this game's greatest flaws (in terms of wasted potential, rather than the bugs). I think it would be a great improvement to make police combat more dynamic and interesting. They could even take it a step further and add new types of quickhacks that can specifically aid in police chases, such as quickhacks that can disable/blow up AVs, break down police vehicles, etc. I literally don't care if it's a straight copy paste of the mechanics from Watch Dogs, I think it'd be an improvement regardless.

    submitted by /u/caml_029
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel